Welcome to the 2nd part of my two-part series of bathroom cleaning hacks. Cleaning the bathroom is not everybody’s favorite job. In this article, we will make cleaning the shower and porcelain throne a whole lot easier.
Top 10 Bathroom Cleaning Hacks
1. Use a squeegee after you shower
It helps to keep down the watermark buildup on your shower door. There are kinds that attach to your shower door and make it easy to clean with after each shower.
2. Use a dry magic eraser to wipe away watermarks easily.
Thanks to Mr. Clean! You can quickly and magically get rid of the watermarks.
3. After you dry off, use your towel to dry off handles and shower heads.
This prevents water stains from building up and keeps your faucets and handles shining daily. But if you don’t do this, vinegar is your best bet to get them sparkling again.
4. Vinegar and liquid detergent solution
Get a scrub brush with a container when your shower needs a good cleaning. Mix equal parts of vinegar and liquid Dawn into the compartment for a powerful yet safe cleaning agent that is great for hard water and soap scum.
5. Use a toothbrush to get into hard-to-reach corners
Boil the head and neck of an old toothbrush for 10 minutes. Then, use pliers to bend the neck to a 90-degree angle, and now you have a compact brush that is great for corners and tight spaces.
6. For hard water buildup on your shower head, try soaking your shower head in vinegar overnight.
This helps break up the hard water clogging your water jets. Afterward, use an old toothbrush to help descale the faucet head to help improve water pressure and flow. This is white vinegar. You can remove the shower head or tie on a bag so you don’t have to.
7. Keep a box of baking soda in the bathroom.
Once a week, sprinkle some baking soda into the toilet. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then flush. This helps keep the toilet clean longer and helps keep down the gross toilet smells.
8. Clean your toilet seat with a screwdriver and Clorox wipe.
Cover a small screwdriver with a Clorox wipe. Use it to get into the crack of the toilet seat and the water talk. You’ll be surprised how much grossness gets stuck in there.
9. Trouble with your toddler wasting toilet paper for their entertainment? Fold the leftover cardboard toilet paper roll in on itself, and put it inside the new toilet paper roll.
This will make it more difficult to unroll the toilet paper, discouraging extra waste.
10. Clean the plunger regularly
A plunger can get into quite a few messes, so it also needs cleaning from time to time. Put the plunger in the toilet and flush a few times, then add ½ of the bleach to the toilet bowl. And let the plunger soak for an hour. Then flush again.
11. Clean your cleaning equipment (toilet brush and the holder)
Sometimes we forget to clean our cleaning equipment. And one of our germiest cleaning utensils is our toilet brush and its holder. It is often overlooked, sometimes never being cleaned at all…ever.
Worse, most people put the toilet brush back in the toilet brush holder when it’s still wet, leaving your toilet brush to harbor even more germs. After cleaning your toilet bowl, spray the brush generously with disinfectant. Then let the toilet brush dry while propped in between to toilet bowl and seat. Spray the toilet brush holder as well. Replace the brush into its holder when both are completely dry.
Check this link for more Cleaning Tips.